Train to become a live-in carer. Join the UK’s leading home care agency and gain a life-changing career, flexible working and good rates of pay
CARE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM
Live-in care jobs offer rewarding careers and flexible working
Apply for one of our live-in care jobs and become part of an award-winning care team providing live-in and visiting home care across the UK. Our carers are vital to our success and we pride ourselves on the passion and professionalism of our team.
As a live-in carer, you can help make a difference in someone’s life by providing one-to-one home care to enable them to live independently at home, where they are happiest.
Christies Care is a family-run home care specialist with over 30 years’ experience in providing high quality home care. Rated OUTSTANDING by the Care Quality Commission, working for Christies Care means working for one of only 4% of all UK care organisations to have achieved this high standard of service.
If you are dedicated, kind, compassionate and hard working then find out more about becoming a valued member of our award-winning team.
Apply now for a live-in care job or for more detail on what it’s like to be a live-in carer, download our Become a carer information pack now.
Contact us now
If you would like to help make a positive change by becoming a carer, contact us today on 01728 605 060 to begin your application process
Apply to become a carer
We are delighted that Christies Care has recently secured places in two of the 2021 Best Companies lists:
- Health & Social Care’s 20 Best Companies to Work For
- The East of England’s 75 Best Companies to Work For
We have also achieved a 2-star accreditation from Best Companies making us an “Outstanding” company to work for.
Our carers are vital to this success and we pride ourselves on the passion and professionalism of our team. If you are thinking of changing career or joining a new care organization, then there has never been a better time to apply to become a Christies carer.
Feedback from a Christies Carer
Values, skills and attributes
What makes an outstanding live-in carer?
Our carers come from all walks of life but what stands out amongst them all is a desire to care and to make a difference in the lives of others. We will provide you with all the training you need.
We are looking for dedicated, compassionate, reliable individuals with strong initiative and a friendly, helpful manner. Being a live-in carer or visiting care assistant can be a challenging and unpredictable job, but it is also an extremely rewarding position. Every day, when you care for someone, you will be making a huge difference to that person and their family; and sharing some extraordinary moments.
Carers can come from any background with any experience. Our domiciliary carers have been secretaries, bank managers, mothers, fathers, students, nurses, soldiers and teachers. Some have worked as carers previously, for visiting care agencies or care homes, and some have no professional experience at all.
As a Christies Carer you will receive essential support and training to equip you with care skills, confidence and ongoing guidance to help you do the best job you can.
- We offer industry-leading training which is unmatched by other home care providers so we can be confident in offering our clients some of the best carers in the country.
- Since the start of the pandemic, we have adapted our rigorous training courses to ensure they are COVID safe whilst maintaining the high-quality standards that all of our carers achieve. For full details on what to expect when you join our CPD accredited Induction training programme, read our Live-in Carer Jobs page.
- Our Care Management Team is there to make things easier for you helping you to adjust to life as a carer and supporting you in the day-to-day management of your client’s homecare plan. Whether you need advice about medication, guidance on how to cope with a client’s condition or just a general chat, our Care Management Team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you provide the best care, any time you need it.
What is a live-in carer's job like?
As a Christies Carer you will live in the home of your client or visit regularly as a visiting care assistant, helping to deliver a person-centred care plan to enable them to live as independently as possible.
Our unique training programme will provide you with the skills and expertise to provide medication management, mobility support, including the use of lifting equipment, personal care and companionship.
You will also be required to undertake light housekeeping duties to include the planning and preparation of meals so, some basic cooking skills are essential. Some of our clients also have pets who you may help care for too but this will be discussed and agreed in advance of your placement.
Christies Carers in their own words
Find out what’s it’s like working as a live-in carer for the first time: